Who we are
Blasting News is an independent social news platform that empowers people’s voice by allowing everyone to become a journalist - we call them Blasters. Blasters are not required to be a professional journalist to create articles for us, all you need is passion for writing and a good story to share with the world. Of course, we still need to maintain high quality and reliability on Blasting News, which means you will be required to write about insightful news and become an expert on your area of interest, therefore adding value to our community.
Blasting News has an ambitious plan: to make our world a better place by giving everyone the possibility to share their ideas with a global audience and to enjoy the truly independent information. It’s an autonomous online news platform where anyone can have a voice.
Blasting News’ mission is:
- To give Blasters an international platform to make their voices stand up on a social news platform while being rewarded on a quality-based system.
- To give readers from around the world an independent, authoritative, trustworthy, international social news platform that is fully personalized and based on each reader’s interests.
- Blasting News is an open community of journalists, independent bloggers, writers and storytellers from all over the world, called Blasters.
Everyone can become a Blaster and get the chance to be a real journalist.
- Blasting News loves experts on any area of interest and high-quality news.
Blasting News publishes only high-quality information written by blasters showing a high level of expertise, authority and trustworthiness in their areas of interest. News and content that does not provide any value to the Blasting News community will not be published on our websites and communities.
- Blasting News strongly believes in independent information made by independent people with different angles and opinion.
Blasters can express their own opinion and are held accountable for what they write by the Blasting News community. Blasting News believes in freedom of speech and respects the laws and traditions of people from different countries and cultures. Blasting News developed a proprietary algorithm that shows appropriate content based on both trending topics and readers’ interests. As a result, articles are sorted regardless of political views or ideologies. Blasting News will continue to improve its algorithm, fine-tuning its technology and providing readers with a wide variety of perspectives on any given story. Blasting News condemns racism, offensive content, pornography, pedophilia or depravities and avoids any race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status stereotypes.
- Blasters only publish original content and verify all of the sources and information they use.
Blasters don’t publish pre-packaged material or advertising content. Each article is scanned by an automated anti-plagiarism technology. As a result, Blasting News will not publish content copied from other sites or those that violate copyright and trademark rights or content that has a purely promotional objective. Blasters that violate this principle - after a first warning will be removed from the community. Blasters firmly reject churnalism.
- Blasting News ensures quality and accuracy of its news.
Blasting News adopts several layers of controls to ensure quality and accuracy of the news:
Every blaster can reach the Mid and Senior Level, depending on a huge variety of signals. In short, Mid and Senior Blasters are experts on their areas of interest, have developed a strong background in journalism, and have great writing skills. Becoming a Senior Blaster is a great privilege and a great responsibility.
- Control made by algorithms. Blasting News has developed algorithms to ensure the quality of any news. A news item that does not meet the required standards will be both not be approved by the algorithms (and thus not published at all) or will be unpublished from the web after a short period of time.
- Control made by real people. Blasting News has divided Blasters into three categories: junior, mid and senior.
- Junior Blasters can only submit news as a “proposal for publication”; the submitted news is reviewed by a Senior Blaster, who has the authority to publish the news, modify it, or reject it.
- Mid Blasters can publish their own news, with no need of Senior Blaster approval.
- Senior Blasters can publish their own news, plus review the news of Junior Blasters. Senior Blasters check the sourcing, ensure the quality of the submitted news, and make sure that the submitted news are not against the law – i.e. pornography, terrorism and other crimes. Senior Blasters do not provide their personal opinions.
- Blasting News pays journalists using a meritocratic principle: the number of readers reading their contents within 30 days from the day of publication.
The more interesting the news written by a Blaster is, the more that Blaster will earn.
- Blasters create their own personal community of followers on Blasting News.
Blasters are encouraged to create their own personal community leveraging on the Blasting News social network, and to entertain their followers sharing great news and great content. Blasters can reach new readers and engage new followers thanks to search engine traffic, but anyone who attempts to manipulate the ranking of the search engines result page - therefore violating search engines policies - will be removed from the community with no prior warning.
- Blasting News encourages meaningful conversations between Blasters and readers.
Blasting News ensures the possibility of commenting on each article. Blasting News has the right to edit comments, messages and content submitted by readers.
- Blasting News believes in transparency and honesty. Blasting News will correct mistakes promptly.
Everyone makes mistakes. Fullness and freshness of information represent two inescapable values for the online journalism world, but we believe that accuracy is equally essential, and Blasting News ensures expediency in making corrections when needed.
- Everything published on Blasting News is protected by international copyright laws.
The intellectual property rights of articles and contents belong to Blasting SA. The reproduction of any content is permitted only with a prior written permission by Blasting SA. If you want to use or revise Blasting News contents, please contact Blasting News staff.
Blasting SA is not responsible for and has no responsibility over the content accessed via links placed inside Blasting News and leading to pages outside the site.
When indicating suggested personalized pictures for your articles through its CMS, Blasting News uses a number of services, among which the Google Custom Search API. All the results provided are filtered for a Creative Commons license according to the information provided by the providers, among which Google itself. Despite this, Blasting News is merely suggesting possible images, and it is not making any representation that the linked content is actually or lawfully offered under a Creative Commons license. It remains your responsibility to verify the terms under which the content is made available and to make your own assessment as to whether these terms are lawfully applied to the content.