Blasting News is the leading, independent global social news platform.
Blasting News gives a voice to the ones who don’t have it, therefore bringing unbiased and plural perspectives to its engaged audience. Blasting News firm belief is that an accurate information can be achieved only through openness and plurality.
Blasting News rewards quality journalism through an innovative, decentralized model.
- News articles are proposed for publication by an open community of delocalized, freelance contributors (termed Blasters) spread all around the world to cover a wide variety of topics, from local news to international political crises, from sports to gaming and entertainment.
- Openness requires responsibility: when received, each news article is curated and fact-checked by a team of senior editors (termed Seniors). Seniors decide if each news article is worthy for publication, if it requires additional work, or if it has to be rejected.
- Each published news article is placed in the most relevant Channels, which are vertical proprietary social networks around niche topics where readers can subscribe and engage.
- The circulation of news articles is further augmented by a global team of distributed digital influencers (termed Social Blasters), who promote the best content to reach the highest engaged audience and to make a definitive impact.
Blasting News is open. Anyone can become a Blaster.
- Blasting News is made by an open community of journalists, reporters, independent bloggers, writers and storytellers from all over the world. Anybody can be part of Blasting News community, no matter their gender, location, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, background, or ideas, as long as they create value for the entire community and follow the rules and responsibilities.
- There is not any specific requirement to become a Blaster, such as a journalistic education or being a professional journalist. All that is needed is to be passionate about writing and have a great story to share with the world. However, there are certain requirements to become Senior or Social Blaster.
- Blasting News welcomes professional journalists, which are a large part of its team and may enjoy complete editorial freedom: Blasting News values any and every perspective.
- Moreover, to maintain the highest quality news and to offer real insights to its readers, Blasting News promotes specialization. Contributors are welcome to become experts in their area of interests, therefore adding further value to the Blasting News community. We promote Blasters and news content that show expertise, authority and trustworthiness.
Blasting News is neutral. This is its editorial policy.
- Blasting News believes plurality is the answer to many of the toughest questions. Blasting News never judges the opinions expressed in the content we publish, but only the legitimacy, accuracy and the factual reality of the news. As a result, Blasting News offers a plurality of points of view, which is unique in the editorial landscape.
- Consequently, Seniors are totally neutral. They verify the accuracy of the news articles and the strength of their headlines, but not the points of view, nor the biases, that each news article may contain.
Blasting News is into technology as much as it is into publishing.
- Blasting News’ innovative, fully decentralized model is supported by proprietary and patented technology.
- A large part of Blasting News internal staff is made of extraordinary software engineers.
- Blasting news is actively researching machine learning and AI.