Who we are
Blasting News is a fully independent magazine based on the principle of social journalism and powered by the voices of thousands of people called Blasters. Anyone can become a Blaster: you don’t need to have a license card or a gold plate, you don’t need to «get into the circle of journalism». However, Blasting News does not accept a compromise on quality: you will be required to write insightful news, and become an expert on your area of interest, therefore adding values to our brilliant community.
Blasting News has an ambitious plan: to make our world a better world, giving everyone the possibility to share her ideas with a global audience and to enjoy truly independent information.
Blasting News’ mission is:
- giving Blasters an international platform to make their voices stand up in a professional magazine whilst being rewarded on a quality-based system.
- giving Readers from around the world an independent, authoritative, trustworthy, international news magazine that is fully personalized and based on each reader’s interests.
- Blasting News is an open community of reporters, independent bloggers, writers and storytellers from all over the world, called Blasters.
Everyone can become a Blaster and get the chance to be a real reporter.
- Blasting News loves experts on any area of interest, and high-quality news.
Blasting News promotes only high-quality information written by blasters showing a high level of expertise, authority and trustworthiness in their areas of interest. News and content that does not provide any value to the Blasting News community is not promoted on the magazine or un-published.
- Blasting News strongly believes in independent information made by independent people with different points of view.
Blasters can express controversial opinions and are held accountable for what they write by the Blasting News community. Blasting News believes in freedom of speech and respects the laws and traditions of people from different countries and cultures. Blasting News developed a proprietary algorithm that shows appropriate content based on both trending topics and readers’ interests. As a result, articles are sorted regardless of political views or ideologies. Blasting News will continue to improve its algorithm, fine-tuning its technology and providing readers with a wide variety of perspectives on any given story. Blasting News condemns racism, offensive content, pornography, pedophilia or depravities and avoids any race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status stereotypes.
- Blasters only publish original content, and verify all of the sources and information they use.
Blasters don’t publish pre-packaged material or advertising content. Each article is scanned by an automated anti-plagiarism technology. As a result, Blasting News will not publish content copied from other sites, or those that violate copyright and trademark rights or content that has a purely promotional objective. Blasters that violate this principle - after a first warning - will be removed from the community. Blasters firmly reject churnalism.
- Blasting News ensures quality and accuracy of its news.
Blasting News adopts several layers of controls to ensure quality and accuracy of the news:
Every blaster can reach the Mid and Senior Level, depending on a huge variety of signals. In short, Mid and Senior Blasters are experts on their areas of interest, have developed a strong background in journalism, and have great writing skills. Becoming a Senior Blaster is a great privilege and a great responsibility.
- Control made by algorithms. Blasting News has developed algorithms to ensure the quality of any news. A news item which does not meet the required standards will be both not be approved by the algorithms (and thus not published at all), or will be un-published from the web after a short period of time.
- Control made by humans. Blasting News has divided Blasters into three categories: junior, mid and senior.
- Junior Blasters can only submit news as a “proposal for publication”; the submitted news is reviewed by a Senior Blaster, who has the authority to publish the news, modify it, or reject it.
- Mid Blasters can publish their own news, with no need of Senior Blaster approval.
- Senior Blasters can publish their own news, plus review the news of Junior Blasters. Senior Blasters check the sourcing, ensure the quality of the submitted news, and make sure that the submitted news are not against the law – i.e. pornography, terrorism and other crimes. Senior Blasters do not provide their personal opinions.
- Blasting News pays reporters using a meritocratic principle: the number of readers reading their contents within 30 days from the day of publication.
The more interesting the news written by a Blaster is, the more that Blaster will earn.
- Blasters create their own personal community of followers on Blasting News.
Blasters are encouraged to create their own personal community leveraging on the Blasting News social network, and to entertain their followers sharing great news and great content. Blasters can reach new readers and engage new followers thanks to search engine traffic, but anyone who attempts to manipulate the ranking of the search engines result page - therefore violating search engines policies - will be removed from the community with no prior warning.
- Blasting News encourages meaningful conversations between Blasters and readers.
Blasting News ensures the possibility of commenting on each article. Blasting News has the right to edit comments, messages and content submitted by readers.
- Blasting News believes in transparency and honesty. Blasting News will correct mistakes promptly.
Everyone makes mistakes. Fullness and freshness of information represent two inescapable values for the online journalism world, but we believe that accuracy is equally essential, and Blasting News ensures expediency in making corrections when needed.
- Everything published on Blasting News is protected by international copyright laws.
The intellectual property rights of articles and contents belong to Blasting Sagl. The reproduction of any content is permitted only with a prior written permission by Blasting Sagl. If you want to use or revise Blasting News contents, please contact Blasting News staff.
Blasting Sagl is not responsible for and has no responsibility over the content accessed via links placed inside Blasting News and leading to pages outside the site.
When indicating suggested personalized pictures for your articles through its CMS, Blasting News uses a number of services, among which the Google Custom Search API. All the results provided are filtered for a Creative Commons license according to the information provided by the providers, among which Google itself. Despite this, Blasting News is merely suggesting possible images, and it is not making any representation that the linked content is actually or lawfully offered under a Creative Commons license. It remains your responsibility to verify the terms under which the content is made available and to make your own assessment as to whether these terms are lawfully applied to the content.